SUSAC membership benefits
Current annual membership of SUSAC costs £80 (£60 for qualified BSAC Open Water Instructors) for a year. Every SUSAC member must also be a member of BSAC, the national governing body for scuba diving in the UK. BSAC membership fees are decided nationally by the BSAC Council, so see the BSAC website for up-to-date BSAC membership rates. The student rate is currently £28 per year, but non-students pay more according to their diver/instructor grade.
If you’ve previously trained or qualified with another agency, please see our training information for existing divers. You’ll usually be able to begin training with us at the BSAC equivalent to your existing diver grade.
As a current SUSAC member, your annual membership fee gives you all this:
- Access to scheduled theory lectures
- Access to scheduled pool sessions*, for training, kit-testing or just a bit of fun
- Free equipment hire during training sessions* and Club dive trips
- Priority booking on all SUSAC dive trips
- Entitlement to 25% subsidy on BSAC instructor training courses (O2A, PRM, IFC, OWIC, TIE, PIE)
* In the event of equipment or space being limited during any training event, priority will be given to current trainees.
As a member you will hear about all Club dive trips and other events. If any places on a trip are booked by non-members, causing the trip to fill up, a member may still later ask to book onto the trip. Provided it is not too late for the trip organiser to arrange, the most recent non-member booking will have their deposit returned to them and the member will take their place.
BSAC membership benefits
Full details of BSAC membership benefits are to be found on their website. A few highlights:
- Comprehensive, world-wide third-party liability insurance up to £10 million
- Ability to gain internationally-recognised diver qualifications and attend skill development courses
- Monthly subscription to SCUBA magazine (electronic copy for student members)
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and events: from life insurance to package holidays, from dive accessories to exclusive dive festivals